Sunday, May 6, 2012

In the Tahoe backyard

   I've been sticking mostly around Tahoe since the Sea Monster (er, Otter), busy with work and putting some miles in on the XC bike in an attempt to prepare for my next 2 races.  I'm planning on doing both the XC and DH at the Mt. Ashland Spring Thaw just for kicks, and I think I'll do ok just so long as I remember to bring lots of energy snacks for the XC race.  Kit and I rode last weekend once in Reno and got a good butt kicking and bonk session while chasing some friends around while I neglected to pack any snacks for calorie refreshment... hopefully we're not going to repeat that mistake any time soon!  The lower trails up behind Kings Beach are completely melted out, perfect for after-work pedal sessions, and hopefully the Tahoe Rim Trail and upper connectors will be clear soon making for even more fun.
The pump track, a good way to get the neighbors staring.
   Meanwhile, around the house, Kit and I had sudden motivation to revitalize the pump track.  This led to copious amounts of fun, and more motivation to keep working on it after it became more fun to ride!  In its current state it is already so much more awesome than it has been for the past 2 years--hopefully soon we can get some friends to join in and get some good feedback on further improvements.  My dream of summertime pump track parties may actually become a reality this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment